UGC NET exams preparation guide: how to study and prepare yourself
UGC NET is a tough competitive exam and needs proper guidance. In our UGC NET exams preparation guide you will learn how to study and prepare for UGC NET and how to crack UGC NET for employments as college teachers. Get UGC NET suggestions, tips and guidance - free!
How to crack UGC NET exam
Cracking UGC NET exam is not quite easy since it is considered as one of the toughest competitive examinations. However, if you know exactly how to prepare for UGC NET exam you can bell the cat for sure. For success in UGC NET, you require lots of hard work and practice, coupled with proper guidance and some tricky techniques. You can prepare on your own for UGC NET, but it is better if you take some sort of UGC NET coaching. There are lots of good UGC NET coaching centres across the country. The benefit of getting yourself enrolled in a UGC NET coaching class is that you will be under some sort of compulsory practice and will stay in touch with like minded students looking forward to crack UGC NET exam. Keep reading our UGC NET exam preparation guidance to know more about how to prepare for UGC NET and ultimately crack the exam.
How to study for UGC NET exam
- Whatever the subject, the UGC NET syllabus is really huge and you need to study systematically to succeed. To begin with your UGC NET preparation, go through the syllabus thoroughly. For subjects like English that only have a vague outline provided with, the first thing you need to do is to go through the undergraduate and post-graduate syllabi quite thoroughly. Mark which sections offer longer questions more often.
- Concentrate on the Paper II. For literature subjects, focus on history of literature.
- Practice has no alternative. The more you go through UGC NET mock tests, the more confident you grow!
- A common mistake students do is to neglect Paper I. Remember if you cannot clear Paper I, the latter papers will not be evaluated at all. Practise lots and lots of Aptitude Test MCQ everyday so that you can answer the questions real fast. Set a time limit well short of the given time (75 mins) for yourself and check how fast you can attempt all the 60 questions.
- Practise Paper III writings at home. Many people think that since the answers are smaller with word limits, the total examination will not be lengthy as it had been the case in the post-graduation in most cases. Wrong. There are lots of questions and for some, you really need to ponder over with time. So write as fast as you can right from the beginning, but make sure your handwriting doesn't be illegible.
- Proper introductions and use of keywords in longer questions is the key. For shorter answers, you really need to use technical terms. Do not try to define those terms and teach the examiner and thereby make the answer surpass the word limits. They already know the subject! However, you can't do this right in the hall and you need to practise a lot beforehand.
UGC NET suggestions, tips & tricks
Apart from the hard work and practice that is a part and parcel of success in anything in life, you also require to be a bit smart. Working like a robot without applying intelligence might not always yield the fruit! Here are some tips and tricks for UGC NET exam that you might try out cleverly, but don't overdo them!
- Instead of preparing multiple answers for similar topics prepare a bigger answer, but have multiple introductions ready at your disposal. If you know the subject well, you can successfully employ this plug and play technique!
- Get some extra introductions ready. If you do not see the questions you have prepared for, do not panic. Mould those general introductions to cater to your need but be sure to make them to the point and not a vague, general one.
UGC NET last minute suggestions
UGC NET is not the kind of exam where you can just mug up your brain by putting one extra piece of information or two just before the exams. If you have studied hard right through the preparation period, stay a little relaxed when the exam reaches your threshold. On the previous day of the examination, do not try to overburden your brain. Just stay relaxed. Remain a vegetarian if you can for few days, that will do you good to stay relaxed and will also help avoid health hazards during the examination period. Get a good night's sleep before the exam. And last but not the least, reach your UGC NET exam centre early so that you do not panic or get tensed about reaching the hall on time. Best of luck!
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook