About Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is controlled and conducted by Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) and hence this test is also known as UPSC CSAT. CSAT test is the first step for attaining the job of IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IPS (Indian Police Service), IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IRS (Indian Revenue Service) and similar posts. Those candidates who do well in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) will be selected for writing Civil Services (Mains) Exam. This article includes some best study materials for CSAT names where you can buy and use it for CSAT Preparation.
The pass score and cut off marks will be different in each year of CSAT exams according to the ability of performance by candidates and number of vacancies. The highest scorers in Civil Services (Mains) Exam will be called for interview and finally appointed in various posts like IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IPS (Indian Police Service), IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IRS (Indian Revenue Service) etc according to their performance in Interview.
Syllabus for CSAT 2012
CSAT 2012 syllabus contains paper 1 and paper 2. Two hours will be the time for each paper and 200 marks for each paper.
1) Questions relating to Current events of national and international importance will be included in paper 1. News paper reading is must for this.
2) History of India and Indian National Movement: Good knowledge about Indian history is required
3) Indian and World Geography which includes Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
4) Indian Polity and Governance which contains mainly topics on Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5) Economic and Social Development includes Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives.
6) General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change where subject specialization is not required.
7) General Science: Some good reference books on General science will help you to improve on this topic.
1) Interpersonal skills including communication skills
2) Logical reasoning and analytical ability
3) Decision making and problem solving
4) General mental ability
5) Basic numeracy which includes numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, Data interpretation which contains charts, graphs, tables, data
sufficiency: refer to Class x books
6) English Language Comprehension skills: give more importance to class X english syllabus
Reference books for CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test
Give below are some best Reference books for CSAT where you can easily crack CSAT exams.
* Our Constitution by Dr. Subhash Kashyap
* Certificate Course in Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
* NCERT Books on Geography from IX standard to XII standard
* Indian Economy by Rudra Dutt and Sundaram or Mishra & Puri
* Pratiyogita Darpan (for Indian Economy)
* Economic Dictionary by Penguin or Collins
* India Year Book published by Government of India
* NCERT Books on Biology, Physics and Chemistry, Standard IX & X
* NCERT Books on Indian History, IX, X, XI and XII Standard
* The Hindu or the Times of India
* Manorama Year Book
* Yojana Magazine
* Sociology by Horolombas
* Contemporary India by Veena Das
* Capitalism and Modern Social Theories by Anthony Giddens or Sociological Theories by George Ritzer
* Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
* India's Constitution by MV Pylee
Buy CSAT reference books online
Apart from the above reference books listed you can also buy CSAT study materials through online . The given link will help you to buy CSAT study materials online. Cash on delivery is available on online buying and free shipping of the books. All features of the books are also quoted in the website.
Image gratitude: http://entrance-exam.net/be-ready-to-take-the-new-challenge-the-new-face-of-civil-service-examination/
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook
|Guest Author: NAGAVARUN DESAI 11 Jan 2012|
|what books should i follow for in csat paper-I.|
|Guest Author: Sunil 17 Mar 2012|