Central Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted by CBSE for appointment of teachers in govt. schools in India for classes I to VIII. The eligible candidates have to pass the CTET Exam which consists of two papers.
CTET will be of MCQ type and there will be no negative marking for CTET. Paper I is for candidates who wish to be a teacher for classes I to V and Paper II is for candidates who wish to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII. Also, candidates who wants to be teachers for both levels from Classes I to VIII have to get through both of the papers.
CTET Exam Pattern and Paper I Syllabus for Classes I to V
CTET Exam Paper I will have 150 objective type questions which consists of Child development and pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Environmental Studies. The duration of test will be one and a half hours.
- Syllabus for CTET Paper I Child Development and Pedagogy: The CTET paper on Child development and Pedagogy will have 30 MCQs which carries 30 marks and this paper is focused on educational psychology of teaching and learning which is relevant to age group of 6 to 11 years. Out of this 30 MCQs, 15 questions will be from Child Development, 5 questions from Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs and 10 questions from Learning and Pedagogy.
- Syllabus for CTET Paper I Language I: This paper will have 30 MCQs. 15 questions will be from Language Comprehension and 15 questions will be asked from Pedagogy of Language Development. In Language comprehension there will be one or two passages one from prose or dram and one will be from poem where you will be asked some questions based on that, and you will be tested for grammar and verbal ability.
- Syllabus for CTET Paper I Language II: The language II paper will have 30 questions, of which 15 questions will be from Comprehension and 15 questions will be from Pedagogy of Language Development. Our Job Exams Preparation Guide will guide you on how to prepare for English comprehension tests and you can browse and take a sample test from our English grammar aptitude test which helps you to improve your skills on language and english vocabulary.
- Syllabus for CTET Paper I Mathematics: CTET Mathematics paper have 30 objective type questions out of which 15 questions will be from the following topics viz. Geometry, shapes & spatial understanding, Solids around us, Numbers, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Measurement, Weight, Time, Volume, Data Handling, Patterns and Money. Another 15 questions will be asked from Pedagogical issues which will be related to logical thinking, reasoning patterns. You can practice our Objective Type Questions on Mathematics to get well prepared for CTET Exam.
- Syllabus for CTET Paper I Environmental Studies: CTET paper on Environmental Studies have 30 MCQs, out of which 15 questions will be from topics related to family and friends, food, shelter, water, travel and things we make and do. Another 15 questions will be from Pedagogical issues.
CTET Exam Pattern and Paper II Syllabus for Classes VI to VIII
CTET Paper II contains 150 MCQs with time duration of one and a half hours. Paper II consists of Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II and Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- CTET Syllabus Paper II Child Development and Pedagogy: The test paper on Child development and Pedagogy will foucs on educational psychology of teaching and learning which is relavent to children between the age group of 11-14 years. In this paper you will have 15 questions from Child development (elementary school child), 5 questions from Concept of inclusive education and understanding children with special needss and 10 questions from Learning and Pedagogy.
- CTET Syllabus Paper II Language I: This carries 30 MCQs, 15 from language comprehension and 15 questions from Pedagogy of Language Development.
- CTET Syllabus Paper II Language II: This paper will have 30 objective type questions which focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- CTET Syllabus Paper II Mathematics and Science: In CTET Maths Syllabus, you will have 20 questions from Number system, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Data handling. 10 questions will be asked from Pedagogical issues. Remaining 30 questions will be from Science which focus on food, materials, moving things people and ideas, How things work, natural phenomena and on natural resources.
- CTET Syllabus for Paper II Social Studies / Social Sciences: In this paper you will have 40 questions from History and Geography and 20 questions from Pedagogical issues.
Still have confusion on how to prepare for CTET Exam? Then apart from the above CTET syllabus, for a detailed study, refer NCERT Syllabus and textbooks of Classes I - VIII.
Liked it? You might also like Study Materials and Reference books for CTET Exam
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook