Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites applications from eligible candidates for Rajasthan SET (State Eligibility Test) 2012 exam for Lectureship in the following subjects. Chemical Science, Commerce, Computer Science and Application, Earth Science, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Law, Life Science, Management, Mathematical Science, Music, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Science, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Sociology, Urdu and Visual Art. Read further to know about Rajasthan SET 2012 eligibility criteria for Lectureship examination.
Who are eligible to apply for Rajasthan State Eligibility Test 2012 for Lectureship?
- Candidates must have done Master's Degree with not less than 55% marks or equivalent recognized by UGC in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science and Application, Earth Science, Population Studies, Educaton etc are eligible to apply.
- SC/ST/PH/VH candidates who have secured not less than 50% marks in their Master's degree or equivalent can apply.
- Candidates who have written their final year Master's degree or candidates pursuinging their Master's Degree can also apply.
- The Ph.D. degree holders who have done their Masters degree by 19th September, 1991 can get relaxation of 5% marks from 55% to 50% for appearing in SET.
- Candidates have to appear in concerned discipline of their post-graduation only. If their post-graduation subject is not included in the SET subject means, they need to appear in UGC NET/ UGC-CSIR NET which is conducted twice a year.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for RPSC SET 2012 exam
Selection procedure for RPSC SET 2012 exam for Lectureship
The selection process for Rajasthan State Eligibility Test for 2012 Lectureship is based on the written exam for which the RPSC SET 2012 date is 26th August, 2012.
Rajasthan State Eligibility Test exam pattern and syllabus
The examination pattern for RPSC SET 2012 exam will be of objective type multiple choice questions and it consists of three papers. The RPSC SET 2012 exam will be conducted in two sessions. Paper I and II will be on the first session and Paper III will be on the second session. The details are as follows.
- Paper I: Consists of 60 questions of which candidates should attend 50 questions. It carries 100 marks and it will be conducted from 9:30 am to 10:45 AM.
- Paper II: Consists of 50 questions and all are compulsory. Carries 100 marks and time duration is from 11:00 am to 12:15 pm.
- Paper III: Consists of 75 questions and all are compulsory which carries 150 marks. The time duration given to complete this paper is 2 1/2 hours from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
The syllabus for Rajasthan State Eligibility for Lectureship 2012 exam is that, Paper I will have general questions which is aimed to test the teaching and research aptitude which will have reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness. Paper II and III is based on the subject chosen by the candidate.
The syllabus for all the papers of RPSC SET 2012 is same as that of UGC /CSIR NET. So to get detailed syllabus for Rajasthan State Eligibility Test for Lectureship, you can refer UGC NET Syllabus and preparation guide. The mentioned article will help you on how to prepare for RPSC SET 2012 exam for lectureship.
Rajasthan State Eligibility Test (SET) 2012 Lectureship study materials and reference books
Since all the subjects and test papers for RPSC SET 2012 for Lectureship is same as that of UGC NET, you can refer UGC NET Study materials which can be used as study materials for RPSC SET 2012 lectureship examination too.
Test Centres and admit card for RPSC SET 2012 Lectureship Examination
Candidates have the option to take up the written test centre for RPSC SET 2012 exam for Lectureship on any of the following test centres viz Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota & Udaipur.
Candidates can get RPSC SET 2012 Lectureship admit card from the official website of RPSC before the commencement of the exam for which the dates will be announced later.
How to apply for Rajasthan State Eligibility Test 2012 for Lectureship examination
Rajasthan SET 2012 lectureship examination fees for BC/SBC creamy layer candidates of Rajasthan and General candidates have to remit 650 and 350 for BC/SBC non creamy layer and 200 for SC/ST candidates of Rajasthan and and all PH/VH candidates. Apart from the mentioned examination fees, candidates have to pay an addition of 40 towards application cost for Rajasthan SET 2012 exam for Lectureship. The fees have to be paid through E-Mitra Kiyosk, C.S.C Centre.
How to apply online for Rajasthan SET for Lectureship exam 2012? First the candidates need to pay the fees mentioned above through e-mitra. Then access the official website of RPSC which is mentioned here under, where you have to enter the token number and date of birth and click the proceed button.
Now fill the online application form for Rajasthan SET 2012 with utmost care and after verifying for details hit the submit button. Take the print of filled in application form and retain it for future reference.
Important dates for Rajasthan SET 2012 Lectureship exam
Last date for online application for RPSC SET 2012 exam is: 30.06.2012
RPSC written exam date for SET 2012 lectureship is on: 26.08.2012
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook
|Guest Author: Rakesh kumawat 04 Jun 2012|
I have done M.Sc. with pharmaceuticl chemistary with 65%,pls tell me that I am Eligible or not for this exam.
|Guest Author: rajesh kumar meena 16 Aug 2012|
|DATE SET EXAM 2012|
|Guest Author: rakesh 17 Aug 2012|
|exam date 4 set exam conduct by rpsc.|
|Author: S. Sowmya 17 Aug 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|Mr.Rajesh Kumar Meena and Rakesh the RPSC SET exam 2012 date is 26.08.2012|