Resources » Job Exams Results, Books » Job Exams Date Announcements
UPSC CDS (I) 2013 examination for admissions to IMA, NA, AFA, OTA online application and eligibility
UPSC CDS (I) 2013 online registration for admissions to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academies has begun. See the eligibility, syllabus and pattern, study materials, how to apply and last date for CDS (I) Exam 2013.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS I) 2013 notification has been issued which invites online applications from eligible candidates for 2013 admissions to Indian Military Academy Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Air Force Academy Hyderabad, Officers Training Academy Chennai for which the CDS (I) 2013 exam date is 17 February, 2013. UPSC CDS (I) 2013 is the first exam announced in the schedule of UPSC exam for the calendar year 2013-14.
UPSC CDS (I) 2013 vacancy and course details
Total of 509 seats are available of which 250 for Army, 32 for Air Force and 227 for Indian Navy. Here is the academy wise break up details.
- Indian Military Academy Dehradun 136th Course commences from Jan 2014 - 250 vacancies.
- Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala-Course commences from Jan 2014 - 40 vacancies
- Air Force Academy Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commences from January 2014 - 32 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy Chennai 99th SSC Course for Men commences from April 2014 - 175 vacancies
- Officers Training Academy Chennai 13th SSC Women Non-Technical Course commences from April 2014 - 12 vacancies
UPSC CDS (I) exam 2013 eligibility criteria
UPSC CDS Exam 2013 age limit: The institute wise age eligibilities for CDS (I) 2013 exam are as follows.
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than Jan 2, 1990 and not after Jan 1, 1995.
- For INA: Unmarried male candidates born not before Jan 2, 1992 and not after Jan 1, 1995.
- For AFA - Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than Jan 2, 1991 and not later than Jan 1, 1995.
- For OTA SSC Course for Men: Candidates born not earlier than Jan 2, 1989 and not later than Jan 1, 1995.
- For OTA SSC Women Non-Technical Course: Unmarried women, issuless widows, issueless divorcees are eligible to apply and they should have not born earlier than Jan 2 1989 and not later than Jan 1, 1995.
CDS (I) 2013 exam educational eligibility: Here is the institute-wise educational qualification required to apply for CDS (I) 2013 exam.
- For IMA and OTA - Candidate should be a Graduate from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For INA: Degree in Engineering is required.
- For AFA: Should be a Graduate from recognized University and they should have taken Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Candidates with Bachelor of Engineering can apply.
- Candidates pursuing their final year of Degree are also eligible to apply but they need to submit the proof of qualifying the degree examination on the specified dates.
UPSC CDS (I) 2013 exam syllabus and pattern
The written examination for admission to IMA, INA and Air Force academy consists of three papers. English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics which carries 100 marks each and for OTA there will be two subjects English and General Knowledge which carries 100 marks each. Check out here to read on UPSC CDS 2013 exam syllabus and standard in detail.
UPSC CDS exam books and study materials
Books are always best when it comes to competitive examination. If you are looking for best books to refer for upcoming CDS (I) 2013 exam, here we suggest you to visit here for recommended reference and guide books for UPSC CDS exam.
UPSC CDS exam model question paper and online practice test papers
If you are looking for model question papers for CDS exam, here we have lots of questions for all the subjects on CDS exam on our practice test section. You can take up CDS free mock test at new recruitments which helps you to prepare for CDS (I) 2013 exam.
How to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services 2013 exam
Fees: Candidates need to remit 200 by the way of depositing it in SBI branches or by using internet banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Travancore or by using your Visa/Master Credit/Debit card. Candidates belongs to SC/ST/female candidates are exempted from fee payment.
Online application procedure for CDS (I) 2013 exam: The online registration for CDS (I) 2013 exam consists of two parts. Here is the step by step procedure.
- Visit the official website of UPSC mentioned below and click Part 1 registration link which will have five pages.
- Page one consists of personal information and input the correct details here and click continue to proceed to second page.
- Second page consists of age relaxation details.
- Third page opts you to choose your preferences for courses for IMA, NA, AFA, OTA. Choose the one and proceed to page four.
- Page Four displays all the details entered by you for verification purpose. Verify for the same and if any corrections to be made use update button given there at the bottom of the online application. No modifications can be made after this page. So check for everything. After verifying check the declaration box and hit the submit button.
- Fifth page will generate and displays your unique registration id. Make a note of this and you need to enter this id to proceed for Part II registration of CDS (I) 2013 application form.
- Pay the fees as instructed above and proceed towards Part II registration.
- Upload your photograph, scanned signature, fee payment details and choose your examination centre and hit the submit button to finish the part II online registration process.
- Take a print out of filled in application form and keep it for future reference.
Important dates for UPSC CDS (I) 2013 examination
CDS I 2013 notification date: 10.11.2012
Online registration for CDS I 2013 starts from: 10.11.2012
Last date to apply online for CDS I 2013 is: 10.12.2012 before 11:59 pm.
CDS I 2013 exam date: 17.02.2013.
To apply visit UPSC CDS (I) 2013 online application form
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook
Read related articles: Upsc Recruitments 2013 Cds Exam Upsc Exams 2013
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Browse Jobs by State/City
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...