VITEEE 2013 admissions to B.Tech Programmes application process and eligibility
Admissions for VITEEE 2013 for B.Tech programmes at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has begun and will be purely based on marks obtained in the exam. See the eligibility criteria, application form and fees, syllabus, admit cards details, important dates.
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University established in 1984, has campus at both Vellore and Chennai and is ranked to be 6th among private engineering colleges. It is the first educational institution in India to be awarded ISO9002 by DNV. It admits candidates based on All India Engineering Entrance Exams of VIT University.
VITEEE 2013 admissions eligibility criteria
- The applicant should be Resident /Non-resident Indian national
- Only students appearing for 12th exams in 2013 or who have passed in 12th exam in 2012 are eligible
- Students of Intermediate or two year Pre-University conducted by recognised board/university can apply
- Students who have completed HSC of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva can apply
- Students who have a General Certificate Education (GCE) from London/Cambridge /Sri Lanka at advanced (A) level can apply
- For admissions students should have 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Candidates who have attempted for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in VITEEE are eligible for all 14 B.Tech degree programmes
- Candidates who have attempted for Physics, Chemistry and Biology in VITEEE are eligible for only B.Tech Bio-informatics, Bio-medical, Bio-technology programmes
VITEEE 2013 application forms and fees for B.Tech admissions
- Candidates can register through ONLINE mode by visiting the official website www.vit.ac.in/admissions. The registration fees for online application is900/- through net banking or credit/ debit card OR DD drawn in favor of VIT University, payable at Vellore
- Applications can also be obtained from post offices mentioned in the offical website or in person from VIT, Vellore and Chennai campus by payment of 950/- in favor of 'VIT University' payable at Vellore
- Applications can also be obtained by sending a DD of 950/- drawn in favor of 'VIT University' along with a covering letter indicating the correct address of communication and addressed to "Admissions Officer"VIT University, Vellore-632014 requesting for VITEEE 2013 application form
- DD should contain the name, address and contact number of the candidate on the backside
- Completed application along with DD should be sent to address mentioned in the official website by Speed /Registered post
- Candidates should track their applications on the website after 2 weeks of application
- Test centres for VITEEE 2013 are located at 112 cities in the brochure
Guidelines to fill VITEEE 2013
- Candidates must be careful while filling as there is NO CHANGErequest accepted later for wrong entries
- Fill the form in BLACK ball point pen in CAPITAL LETTER
- Shading of Circle etc to be in HB pencil
- No tampering or scribbling is allowed
- Credentials should conform to the 10th/12th class certificate
- Incomplete /incorrect applications filled in other languages other than ENGLISH will be rejected
- Take a photocopy for future references
VITEEE 2013 exam pattern and syllabus for B.Tech admission
- The test is a computer based test. The candidate must be prepared for facing this test.
- The test is divided into 4 parts mainly Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.
- The test is based on objective type questions ( Multiple choice questions)
- For engineering courses, part 1, 2, 3 needs to be attempted. If all the parts are attempted, only the first 3 parts will be evaluated. Hence, the candidate must decide which course he/she is opting before sitting for the exam
- There is no negative marking for VITEEE 2013
- Syllabus for VITEE 2013 can be referred to in the brochure and the questions will be in English
VITEEE 2013 admit cards
- The VITEEE Admit card will be auto-generated for those who book a slot using Online test booking system before last date
- The e-Admit card will be sent to candidate via email ID indicated in the application form
- VITEEE e-Admit card will be available for candidates on www.vit.ac.in.
- The VITEEE e-Admit card should be printed in A-4 size paper and will contain number, photograph, test date, time and centre selected by candidate.
- The candidate must bring the following before appearing for the exam - (i) e-Admit card, (ii) Photocopy of the application,(iii) Copy of passport/Driving License/Voter ID card/IT Pan card/School or College Photo Id card
- The e-Admit card must be preserved for future correspondences
Important dates for VITEEE 2013
- Last date to apply - 28th February 2013
- Online exam dates - 15th to 30th April 2013
- VITEEE 2013 result date and merit list- 6th May 2013 after 4.00 pm
- Results can also be viewed in www.schools9.com, www.indiaresults.com, www.minglebox.com, www.shiksha.com, www.globalinfowings.com, www.bharatedu.com, www.examresults.net, www.instantexamresults.com.
Contact details of VIT
- Mailing Address : VIT University, Vellore Campus, Vellore – 632 014, Tamilnadu, India, Phone : 91-416-2243091 / 93; Fax No. : 91-416-2243092, 91-416-2240411
- Chennai Adm.Office address - VIT University New No.6v(Old no. W-73), Second Street, Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040, Tamil Nadu, India., Tel- 91-44-42016555 / 5548055; Fax-91-44-26222555.
- Admissions office address -Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore -632 014, Tamilnadu, India, Phone - 91-416-2202125 /2202157/ 2202168; Fax - 91-416-2245544 / 0411 ; email :firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit Website : www.vit.ac.in
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook