Resources » Job Exams Results, Books » Job Exams Date Announcements
CSIR UGC NET Dec 2013 exam online application form & eligibility
Are you aspiring for career in teaching profession? CSIR UGC NET notification for JRF / Lectureship Examination December 2013 is published. UGC NET exam scores are considered for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureship (LS). Read this article, to know more about the CSIR UGC NET December 2013 online application procedure, fees and important dates.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) notification has issued CSIR UGC NET December 2013 exam notification wide circular No.10-2(5)/2013(ii) - E.U.II for inviting online applications from Indian nationals for Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship(LS). The candidates achieving valid scores in UGC-NET are considered eligible for applying to research fellowship and lectureship in all major universities and higher learning institutes across India.
UGC NET December 2013 exam Subjects, Syllabus and PatternThe JRF/LS aspirants can choose to register for one of the following subjects relevant to them:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
Exam Pattern for UGC-NET exam
- The UGC NET exam question paper for each subject will be carrying 200 marks and for the duration of 3 hours.
- Each subject question paper for UGC NET exam will be set in Hindi and English. Engineering Science question paper will be in English only.
- Candidates should make a note that there is negative marking system applicable for wrong answers in UGC NET exam.
Syllabus for UGC NET exam
The question paper for UGC NET JRF / Lectureship exam is divided into three parts :
Part A - This section is common to all subjects including Engineering Sciences. In this section candidates are asked questions based on General Aptitute. Questions on General Aptitude may range in the form of logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparisons, series formation, puzzles, etc.
Part B - For Engineering Sciences the questions will be on Mathematics and Engineering Aptitude. Part B for rest all disciplines will comprise of MCQ type questions based on the topics given in the syllabus.
Part C - For Engineering Sciences this section will contain higher value MCQs based on scientific concepts. For rest all disciplines the questions will be in analytical nature to judge candidates ability to apply the scientific knowledge to get the solution.
UGC NET December 2013 exam schedule
The exam date for UGC NET December 2013 falls on Sunday, 22 December 2013. The morning session will be conducted from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon and the afternoon session will be held from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The subject-wise schedule, date and time of the examination will be informed later.
Age limit for UGC NET exam for JRF/LS
- The age limit for JRF Net exam is 28 years as on 01.07.2013.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH and female candidates.
- There is no upper age limit for UGC NET LS.
- Candidate exceeding the upper age limit for JRF (NET) will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only. (Except for Engineering Sciences, as Engineering Sciences candidates will have only JRF option.)
Eligibility criteria for UGC NET December 2013 for JRF and Lectureship
- Candidates who have completed BS-4 years Program / BE/ B.Tech/B. Pharma / MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/ MSC or equivalent degree with atleast 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST, PH and VH are eligible to apply UGC NET JRF LS exam.
- Candidates who have enrolled for M.Sc or completed 10+2+3 years of qualification are also eligible to apply under Results awaited category subject to completion of the degree with the minimum qualifying marks within two years from the date of award to avail fellowship.
- Candidates with Degree B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent or those who have enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with not less than 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% marks for SC/ST, PH and VH are eligible to apply. Candidates with Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or any other disciple are eligible for Fellowship only but after getting enrolled for PhD/Integrated PHD within two years validity period.
- As per UGC criteria for eligibility for lectureship, PhD degree holders who have completed their Master's Degree before 19th September 1991 with at least 50% marks can apply for Lectureship only.
UGC NET Exam centers for December 2013The UGC NET JRF/LS examination will be conducted at 26 centers in across India. The exam centre choices include- Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedput, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
Candidates can choose any one examination centre. There will be no change allowed in choice of exam centre after 27 September 2013.
Application fees for UGC NET JRF / Lectureship 2013 exam
- Application fee for UGC NET December 2013 is Rs. 400/- for General candidates, Rs.200/- for OBC candidates and Rs 100/- for Reserved Category candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) category.
- Application fees can be paid at any of the “Indian Bank” branch with UGC NET fees Challan printed from CSIR website.
- Candidates should retain the fees paid challan along with the journal number and Transaction ID for further online application process.
How to apply for UGC NET December 2013
- Candidates can apply online through Online application form for UGC NET JRF/LS Examination 2013 from the official website of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Candidates should print the application fees challan from CSIR website at http://csirhrdg.nic.in/.
- Candidates should pay the application fees at any branch of "Indian Bank" and get the journal number and Transaction ID. It is mandatory to enter fees payment details to complete the online application procedure.
- All details asked in the online application form are mandatory.
- Candidates are requested to take the print out of duly filled in application form, affix your recent black and white photograph, put your signature and attach relevant certificates along with CSIR copy of fee receipt.
- Candidate should Superscribe the envelop with Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code and online generated application number on the envelope.
- Application along with copy of Bank challan and all supporting document should reach the Examination Unit of CSIR at the following address before last date:
Sr. Controller of Examination,
Human Resource Development Group,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi 110012
- Candidates can obtain Admit card for the UGC NET MCQ exam from the CSIR website using same login information. No physical admit card will be sent by CSIR-UGC
Important dates for UGC NET Exam December 2013
- Online application for UGC NET December 2013 exam starts from: 30.07.2013
- Online application fees deposit window open for the period: 30.07.2013 to 21.08.2013
- Last date to apply online for UGC NET December 2013 is: 22.08.2013
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of online application form: 27.08.2013
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of application form for far flung areas: 02.09.2013
- Request for change of exam centre would be entertained for valid reasons if notified latest by : 27.09.2013
- List of candidates registered for UGC NET December 2013 will be published on CSIR, HRDG website on: 01.11.2013
- e-Admit cards for UGC NET December 2013 exam will be available on website from : Second week of December 2013.
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for UGC NET 2013 : 08.11.2013
- UGC NET December 2013 MCQ exam date: Sunday, 22.12.2013
- UGC NET December 2013 results Will be published on CSIR website after the exam.
UGC NET exam preparation guide and reference books
Cracking CSIR-UGC NET exam is not every one’s cup of tea. We, therefore, make an attempt to provide some tips for UGC JRF(NET) and LS(NET) aspirantswith our UGC NET preparation guide.
If you are looking for study material for UGC NET syllabus, you can also refer to the list of reference books for UGC NET exam. We have collected the best titles in UGC study material which will surely help you to study and prepare for the NET exam.
Visit here to refer official notification for UGC NET JRF / Lectureship exam 2013
Want to get instant job and recruitment alerts? Join us on Facebook
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Browse Jobs by State/City
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...